Food Systems, SNAP, and Market Consultant to Seed2Source
Gather & Grow works with farmers markets, local food organizations, and other partners to grow the good food movement. Services include consulting, business services, project management services, public speaking and event production.
Audubon Park Community Market, Orlando, FL – Market Producer & Director (2009-Present)
- Coordinate with over 30 vendors to produce a weekly market that offers local produce, goods, and programming to the Audubon Park and surrounding neighborhoods.
- Piloted the first program in Orlando to offer SNAP and nutrition incentives at a farmers market
The Farmer & The Larder, Brunswick, GA – Project Manager & Consultant (2015-2016)
- Provided project management services, technical assistance and consulting services during the building and development process of a restaurant, hands-on cooking space and small event venue partnered with a historic area farm
Local Roots Farm to Restaurant Distribution, Orlando, FL - Sales Consultant (2015-216)
- Participated in restructuring of restaurant sales, working with company founder and owner to build restaurant relationships
- Facilitated ordering processes for chefs and developed seasonal offerings catalogs
R&B Organics Farm, Merritt Island, FL – Business & Marketing Consultant (2016 – 2017)
- Worked with farm to strengthen brand & visibility, and provided technical support and training to establish web and social media presence
- assisted in identifying and developing additional income streams through field trip and agritourism programming
Healthy West Orange Health & Harvest Festival – Farm to Table Dinner Coordinator and Local Food Consultant (2016)
- Provided planning and project management services to bring authentic local farm products to event
- Recruited area chefs and coordinated with local farmers to feature local talent and products
Winter Park Farmers Market, Winter Park, FL – SNAP Program Coordinator & EBT Management (2016 – Present)
- Worked with City of Winter Park and community partners to tailor SNAP/EBT program for existing farmers’ market, including budget development, securing of grant funding, vendor training and technical support.
- Provide staffing and administrative oversight of SNAP/EBT program at weekly market.
Marion Oaks Farmers Market, Ocala, FL – Project Consultant (2017)
- Worked with community partners to assist in the establishment of a new farmers market.
- Trained market staff, developed market rules, application, operational guidelines, and food access/SNAP program
Circle Square Commons Farmers Market, Ocala, FL – Project Consultant (2017)
- Worked with Measure up Marion initiative to provide consulting on feasibility of SNAP implementation planning
- Assisted with development of healthy eating programming
Parramore Farmers Market, Orlando, FL - Project Consultant & EBT SNAP Program (2017 – Present)
- Provided training for market manager and developed market rules, application, and operational guidelines
- Developed and maintain SNAP/EBT program
- Provide staffing and administrative oversite of SNAP/EBT program and weekly market
East End Market, Orlando, FL - Co-Founder and Managing Director (2012- 2015)
- Assisted with the design, conceptualization, and vendor recruitment of a 14,000sf facility featuring a food hall, a commissary kitchen, restaurant, teaching kitchen, event space and commercial urban farm.
- Served as project manager for the building and development process, and as director of operations for the first year in business
A Local Folkus, LLC, Winter Park, FL – Managing Partner (2011-2015)
- Co-produced the Winter Park Harvest Festival and Winter Garden Harvest Festival, bringing together Florida chefs, farmers, fishermen, educators, gardeners and health advocates for one-day events featuring tastings, demonstrations, educational opportunities and entertainment.
- Developed Local Food Entrpreneur programming and classes.
- Produced on-farm events and dinners with local farm partners
UCF Global Perspectives Office, Orlando, FL – Program & Research Coordinator (2008 – 2012)
- Managed Globally-oriented projects, programs and research
- Oversaw production of 20+ events per school year, including conferences, symposia, and public speaker programs
- Managed program budget and support staff for the office and its various programs
- Served as the business and research liaison to key program partners
UCF Metropolitan Center for Regional Studies & UCF Global Perspectives Office, Orlando, FL - Research Specialist (2005-2008)
- Served in a shared role between sister offices
- Conducted research on topics of international and national significance for the Global Perspectives Office
- Conducted research and served as a speech writer on topics relating to regional and urban topics, ranging from development and planning to social issues and sustainability
- Provided program support in the planning and execution of public events for both offices
Audubon Park Garden District – Board Member (2011 – Present)
- Work with fellow board members to grow and maintain a thriving, award-winning Main Street organization in the community
- Assist with the production of community-wide events and serve on the Business Development Committee
Good Food Central Florida (Food Policy Council) – Founding Member (2013 – Present)
- Work with various regional stakeholders to help build and advocate for a sustainable regional food system
- Work to identify policy challenges and develop solutions, educate the community on relevant issues, and build beneficial partnerships for a vibrant local food economy
Slow Food USA – Chapter Leader (2012 – 2014), Florida State Governor (2014-2017)
- Served as an elected volunteer, working as a coordinator between the state chapters and the national organization, which works to ensure good, clean and fair food for all.
- Chapter support included administrative assistance, fundraising support, convening of annual regional meetings, and communications support.
- Served as a US Delegate to Slow Food International Congress in 2012
- Served as US Delegate to Slow Food Terra Madre International summit in 2014 and 2016
Florida Food Policy Council – Member (2016 – Present)
- Provided coordination and fundraising support for first annual membership meeting