Higgins Ag, Seed2Source
Strategic Consultant for Farm Operations and Production Management
Mr. Brown is a Florida Farm Consultant and Controlled Environment Agriculture Specialist (including Hydroponics and Aeroponics). He is a multi-generational farmer with his family owning and operating farms since the 1800s.
He is the third generation and has been in the Horticulture and Agriculture sectors (termed, ‘Hort & Ag’) since 1984. For the last five years, his focus has been on Certified Organic Food Production as well as Medicinal Plants. His past expertise includes Woody Ornamental.
His active involvement with Florida’s top universities has positioned him to be involved in many new and ongoing research projects involving solutions for efficient agricultural production methods as well as developing viable farm business models. He is an active researcher for the Hydroponics industry and continues to develop new growing methodologies.
He is recognized as an authority for Root Manipulation and production innovation in the horticultural industry. As a national speaker for Hort & Ag, he continues educating through his research networks that includes the Florida Nursery, Growers & Landscape Association (FNGLA), County Extension Agencies and Universities.
He is actively involved in showcasing production technologies for demonstration on behalf of the FL Extension Agencies to educate the FL food industry.
Mr. Brown’s accreditations include, but are not limited to being a:
(1) Certified Irrigation Auditor;
(2) ‘Best Management Practices’ Instructor for the Green Industry (through the DEP / Department of Environmental Protection);
(3) Certified Professional in Landscape & Irrigation with the St. Johns Water Management;
(4) FL Landscape Inspector; and (5) Landscape Maintenance Association Instructor.
(5) University of Florida Friends of IFAS AWARD